Call Deadline: April 07, 2019
Nationality: All around the World
The accelerator will be take in Seattle, USA
The Alexa Fund and Techstars are excited to announce the third year of the Alexa Accelerator, powered by Techstars, a 13-week program built around the belief that voice will fundamentally improve the way we interact with technology.
Created in partnership between the Alexa Fund and Techstars and hosted in Amazon’s hometown of Seattle, the Alexa Accelerator, powered by Techstars gives early-stage startups the support they need to grow their network, gain traction, incorporate Alexa, and engage with investors.
Participants will have access to a broad network of mentors from across both Amazon and Techstars networks, all of whom devote their time to helping participants take their businesses to the next level.
- Up to 10 startups will be invited to take part in the 2019 Alexa Accelerator, powered by Techstars.
- Builders from around the world who are enthusiastic about voice,
- AI and other enabling technologies – and their ability to transform customer and business experiences – are encouraged to apply.
What is the Alexa Fund?
The Alexa Fund provides up to $200 million in venture capital funding to fuel voice technology innovation. We believe experiences designed around the human voice will fundamentally improve the way people use technology. Since introducing Alexa-enabled devices like the Amazon Echo, we’ve heard from developers, device-makers, and companies of all sizes that want to innovate with voice.
Whether that’s creating new Alexa capabilities with the Alexa Skills Kit(ASK), building devices that use Alexa for new and novel voice experiences using the Alexa Voice Service (AVS), inventing core voice-enabling technology, or developing a product or service that can expand the boundaries of voice technology, we’d love to talk to you.
How are companies selected?
Across Amazon, we start with the customer and work backward, and our approach for the Alexa Fund is the same. Here are a few specific elements we’re looking for in a potential investment:
- Customer-centricity — Are you bringing customers new levels of ease and convenience through voice?
- Innovation — Are you solving hard problems in creative ways for your customer?
- Leadership — Are you a visionary with the tenacity required to build?
- Alexa fit — Is there potential for unique or novel applications of voice technology including the Alexa Skills Kit or Alexa Voice Service?
- Product/Service — Do you have a product or service in a market that has a track record of positive customer feedback or a product or service soon to be launched?
- Funding — Have you raised institutional funding?