Call Deadline: October 8, 2019
Fellowships will be in Asia & US
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The prestigious, year-long career advancement program draws on The Asia Foundation’s extensive 18-country network and deep expertise working with innovative leaders and communities across the region.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is a multifaceted experience-enhancing leadership skill, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for young Asian professionals. The program also provides the flexibility for Fellows to customize their own professional development component and to stay in their current occupations while participating in the program’s rigorous modules
- An award of up to $5,000 will be made available to each of the selected Asia Foundation Development Fellows.
- This cash award will allow each Fellow the opportunity to design and shape individualized plans to further their leadership skills and relevant professional experience in areas of particular importance to their career growth and potential.
- Each Fellow will be asked to develop a personalized, year-long work plan that may involve specialized training programs or short courses, language study, travel to attend key regional forums or workshops, or engagement in a series of other enrichment activities to further their leadership and professional capabilities.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2020;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified;
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam