Call Deadline: October 7, 2019, at 23.59 WIB
Duration: December 5-6, 2019
Nationality: All around the World
Location: Nusa Dua, Bali
This year, in conjunction to Bali Democracy Forum XII (BDF XIi), The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Indonesia will hold the 3rd Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC III) at Nusa Dua, Bali, 5 – 6 December 2019. BDSC III will uphold a theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy”.
The participants of BDSC III will consist of 150 students from all around the globe. During the program, the participants will share their experiences related to democracy and inclusivity in their respective countries from the perspective of youth.
The committee will provide the following facilities:
- Return domestic flight tickets from the city where participant study in Indonesia to Bali.
- Twin-shared accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights in Bali (check-in on 4 December 2019, check out on 7 December 2019);
- Local transportation (Airport-hotel and hotel-venue);
- Meals during the program.
- Bachelor or Master student of University or College, having an interest in international, social and political issues, particularly democracy.
- Age between 21 – 28 years old, or has completed at least 4 semesters (Currently in the 5th semester)
- Has never participated in any previous BDSC.
- Good command of English both written and spoken. Having a certificate or TOEFL (paper-based min. 500 or iBT min. 79) or IELTS (scored min. 6) is a plus.
- Actively involved in various students and social organizations.
- An active user of social media.
- Filled in the application form
- Curriculum vitae (PDF file max 1MB);
- Recommendation letter from university (recommendation letter from faculty or university are accepted, file should be on PDF form, max 1MB);
- Statement letter to join the entire program of BDSC III in Bali from 4 – 7 December 2019 (File PDF max 1MB);
- Scanned ID Card (Kartu Tanda Penduduk (KTP) for Indonesian students or passport for foreign students) and University Students ID (File JPG max 1MB)
- Photo (File JPG max 1MB)
- TOEFL/IELTS certificate (if any);
- A maximum 650-word essay having a theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy” (font: Arial 11, space: 1,5, doc file max 1MB);
- A 30-second Video Profile uploaded into participant’s social media account (please put the link in the application form). The Video must contain:
- Short self-introduction
- Participant’s view of Democracy and Inclusivity.