Call Deadline: April 30, 2019
The CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature for young writers from non-EU CEI countries (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, and Ukraine). The winner will receive a cash award of 5,000 EUR for a three-month residence permit in any CEI Member State of the candidate’s choice. During this period, the selected author will work on the literary project he/she proposed in the application.
Since 2006, the CEI Executive Secretariat has presented the CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence – in cooperation with the Slovene’s Writers Association – as part of the Vilenica International Festival.
- A filled in a registration form (find attached).
- A biography of the applicant in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces).
- Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship of the
- A bibliography of the applicant in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces).
- A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the three-month residence (2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work (all genres and themes), not a research project.
- The scan of the original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces,
letters without the original signature will not be considered).
1. The application form will be distributed through all major writers’ organizations in the candidate
states, on the web-page of the CEI, the SWA and the Vilenica festival,
namely: www.cei.int, www.drustvopisateljev.si and www.vilenica.si.
2. The international committee will consider entries sent on or before 30 April 2019.
3. Entries will be evaluated according to the following criterion: 30% (3 points) for the bibliography, 50%
(5 points) for the project description and 20% (2 points) for the letter of recommendation.
4. All the candidates will be notified of the decision of the committee by 15 July 2019.
5. The fellowship winner will be officially announced at the press conference at the end of August, and
fellowship will be awarded to him or her at the festival.
6. 60 days after completion of the residency, the candidate must submit a written report in English (7200
– 9000 characters without spaces) by regular or e-mail to the Slovene Writers’ Association.