Call Deadline: January 4, 2019
Course Level: Startup Pitch & Competition
Duration: February 4 – 5, 2019
Hosted by: Marriott Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles
Digital Entertainment World is the must-attend B2B event and marketplace for global media and technology executives to evaluate the digital media landscape. This two-day event brings together leading industry executives from video, music, games, and publishing — the entire digital content ecosystem. DEW is the place where content creators and owners, enabling technology providers, digital distributors and device manufacturers connect and create the infrastructure and technology partnerships necessary to monetize digital content.
The DEW Startup Pitch and Competition recognizes innovation in digital media and eligible startups have technologies or services contributing to the digital media ecosystem. The 10 selected startups will make live pitch presentations during the conference to judging panels of leading investors and VCs looking for creativity, innovation, need in the marketplace, the strength of team and presentation, as well as the future success of profitability.
- All 10 Finalists (5 from each category) will receive three (3) all-access registrations to 2019 DEW ($2,590 value), an exhibit booth next to the Innovation Stage ($3,500 value) and will be eligible to attend meetings with select investors and industry executives attending DEW 2019.
- Category I: Eligible startups must have a demonstrable product or service in the market (or in beta) and can not have raised more than $1 million (USD) in external financing.
- All startups selected must be prepared to talk about their products and services in public, while agreeing to have it recorded for public broadcast. Five (5) Category I Startups will be selected to compete on-stage at 2019
- Eligible startups in Category II must have a demonstrable product or service in the market (or in beta) and can not have raised more than $5 million (USD) or less than $1 million (USD) in external financing. In addition, all startups selected must be prepared to talk about their products and services in public, while agreeing to have it recorded for public broadcast.
- Generally, responsibilities will be to help set up the rooms, direct attendees to the appropriate areas, make sure speakers are prepared and have water, loading presentations, social media ambassadors, and provide general information about the conference.
- Volunteers will have access to the entire conference. You will also have time to sit and listen to many of our exciting panels and network with speakers and attendees.
- We are looking for people who have a passion and an interest in these fields to volunteer.
- Volunteers are available the entire day of the conference 7:30 am – 5:30 pm. We are still open to considering volunteers who can only commit to part of the day.