Call Deadline: December 2019
Nationality: All around the World
Venue: Harvard Kennedy School
Location: in the USA
The Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Program brings together emerging leaders dedicated to preserving and enhancing our shared environment. The program connects fellows with highly accomplished national and international leaders, providing them with the skills to:
- Foster sustainable environmental impact
- Build cross-sector partnerships to accomplish key goals
- Inspire new ideas and innovative change to safeguard natural resources and promote a healthy global ecosystem
- Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellows are awarded a full-tuition scholarship and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program.
- Fellows are eligible for a stipend up to $10,000 for up to two years depending on their master’s degree program.
- Applicants will be considered based on their excellent academic credentials and a demonstrated focus on developing leadership abilities to impact environmental public policy and practice. CPL seeks a diverse cohort of fellows with emerging leaders from the government, business, and NGO communities dedicated to preserving and enhancing our shared environment.
- Fellows will participate in a robust co-curricular program offered by the Center for Public Leadership.
- This fellowship is open to applicants entering their first year of study in any of the Harvard Kennedy School’s masters’ degree programs. Students pursuing a joint degree at HKS and another Harvard graduate or professional school or those in concurrent programs at other approved universities or schools may also apply.
- The fellowship will be open to all admitted master’s degree program students and will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or national origin.
- The fellowship is open to all admitted degree program students at Harvard Kennedy School.
- Applicants will be considered based on their academic credentials and demonstrated leadership promise and interest in impacting environmental public policy and practice.
Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is early December 2019.
Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship: Application deadline is early February 2020.
Applicants must submit:
- A biographical profile, not to exceed 150 words. (This profile should be short, concise and in the third person.) Please include the following highlights: an introductory sentence including your name; the degree you are pursuing at Harvard Kennedy School in addition to any joint degree at Harvard or concurrent degree program at another graduate or professional institution; where you are from and where you currently reside; an overview and highlights of your relevant work/professional experience; significant leadership achievements including awards or certifications; and educational credentials with the degrees earned and institutions attended.
- A document containing written responses to the following two essay prompts 1. Please discuss a topic you are passionate about as it pertains to preserving and enhancing our shared environment and your experience/s as it relates to this topic. Please include specific examples in your response. (750 words or less) 2. The purpose of the Fellowship is to provide financial support and a leadership development experience for people who are committed to careers in environmental public policy. The Bacon Environmental fellowship is limited to those who are committed to serving as environmental leaders in government, NGO or business. Please state your commitment. (200 words or less)
Finalists for the Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellowship will be interviewed in spring, 2020 by the Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellowship Selection Committee.
Please visit our Fellowship FAQ’s page for more information.