Call Deadline: March 25, 2019
If you are a student keen to promote EU careers on your university campus then why not apply to become an EU Career Student Ambassador?
As part of the experience, you will be able to:
- Find out more about EU Career opportunities and promote them to your fellow students
- Build a fantastic student network across Europe
- Gain work experience during your studies that will give your CV extra weight
- Develop your skills in public speaking, marketing and HR
- Receive a full induction training and coaching throughout the role
- Access to high-ranking EU officials
- A reference letter based on your performance
We are looking for motivated, outgoing people with enthusiasm to promote EU Careers in your university.
As a highly regarded employer of top graduates, EU Careers is looking for brand ambassadors at some of Europe’s finest universities.
The EU Careers Ambassadors scheme involves finding innovative ways of promoting the great opportunities the EU institutions have to offer, including through:
- attending careers fairs, or giving presentations to your fellow students
- developing university networks and providing information
- maintaining an active online and social media presence
- answering questions about EU Careers
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated Ambassadors who want to promote the benefits of an EU Career and have the following competences:
- Excellent communication skills
- Networking skills
- Willingness to share and learn
- Ability to adapt
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to deliver quality and results
- Innovative and creative approach
- Commit at least two hours per week to your Ambassador role
- Arrange or participate in a minimum of one EU Careers event or presentation
- Communicate on a regular basis with your EU Careers coordinator
- Participate in all training offered (online)
- Keep a log of your activities and report back regularly
Outside of these minimum requirements, it is really up to you to decide how much promotion you can fit in alongside your academic studies and how you promote EU Careers to your fellow students. We are looking for Ambassadors who are creative and can come up with innovative ways of promoting EU Careers!
How to apply
If you are:
- Available to take part in our compulsory one-day training course in September/October 2019
- Enrolled and present at the university for the duration of the Ambassador’s post (September 2019 – September 2020)
- An EU citizen
- Fluent in English and in one of the languages of the country in which you are studying
You can make an online application between 22 February to 25 March 2019. Please fill in the following form to submit your application.
If you successfully pass the first round, you will be asked to complete an online interview in April 2019. More information on this second phase will be sent to applicants via e-mail.
Please note that the list of participating universities has been established in collaboration with national governments. Currently we are unable to support Ambassadors at other universities and generally, we do not change this list. If your university is not on this list, please visit us next year to check the updated list.
- If you have questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at EPSO-CAREERS-AMBASSADOR@ec.europa.eu