Call Deadline: March 28, 2019, at 23:59 CET.
Duration: May 20-24, 2019
The forum will be taken in Zadar, Croatia
Together for heritage!
The European Young Heritage Professionals Forum will take place from 20 to 24 May 2019 in Zadar, Croatia to explore more potential synergies and challenges of working on tangible and intangible cultural heritage in the European context.
The Forum will enable participants to enhance project management and communication skills by working on their own heritage projects with experts and peers from across Europe. In addition to building a community, the young professionals will be encouraged to become active ‘cultural heritage messengers’ by spreading the message on the importance of cultural heritage protection and safeguarding in their own communities and beyond.
- For students, it is a chance to meet young people from other countries, learn about their heritage, discuss common concerns and discover new roles for themselves in heritage conservation.
- For teachers, it is an opportunity to debate new educational approaches, contribute to the World Heritage educational resource Kit “World Heritage in Young Hands”, and establish a network for future development of World Heritage education activities.
- These forums serve as a catalyst and spark inspiration to develop World Heritage educational and participatory activities on a regional, as well as on international level. Whenever possible, hands-on skills development activities are integrated with the Agenda of the Forum.
- World Heritage Youth Forums are now also organized and held in conjunction with yearly sessions of the World Heritage Committee.
- One of the exciting highlights of the forums is meeting members of the World Heritage Committee and its Advisory Bodies to discuss the Convention and its implementation. A youth delegation also presents the results of the Youth Forum to the Committee.
- For any questions, kindly contact Ms. I.M. Tamas at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org