Call Deadline: July 15, 2019
Value of Awards: $140,000
Scholarships Duration: 2-years
Level of study: Postgraduate Coursework
Scholarships will be in the USA
The scholarship enables an Australian postgraduate student with strong academic credentials and leadership potential to undertake a two year Master’s degree in the U.S. in the area of Public Policy. These may include key areas such as health, sustainability, energy, climate change, regional security, education, political science, history or governmental relations.
Australian and U.S. postgraduate students with strong academic credentials and leadership potential to undertake a Master’s degree in Australia or the United States in an area that supports Mrs. Wexler’s binational interests in the field of public policy.
Benefits & Awards
The Scholarship package is a generous one and will be awarded for a maximum two year period and be valued at up to AUD 140,000. Benefits include:
- Living, travel & establishment allowances
- Tuition fees (up to a set limit)
- National Orientation Program and a Fulbright Presentation Dinner
- Distinguished professional network with the U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni Associations
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
- ASPE medical insurance of up to AUD 100,000 (for the Scholar only)
Australian postgraduate students commencing a master’s degree in the field of public policy. These may include key areas such as health, sustainability, energy, climate change, regional security, education, political science, history or governmental relations.
- Must be an Australian citizen
- Cannot hold dual US-Australian citizenship
- May be eligible to apply for more than one scholarship
- Only outstanding academic achievements in Years 11-12 will be considered. For example, medallists, state or national finalist or students receiving a high distinction in a nation-wide competition. For example, UNSW ICAS Maths Competition, RACI Aust National Chemistry Quiz, Aust Space Design Competition, Bond Uni Mooting Competition.
School subject awards will NOT be considered.
- Only significant leadership roles will be considered. For example, School Captain, Sporting Captain or coach, perfect, SRC office-bearer (eg President, Treasurer).
- Only significant and sustained community service will be considered. For example, Active Volunteer Surf Lifesaver, a regular volunteer for Eddie’s Van or Rosies, Friends on the Street Outreach (or similar), The Smith Family Students to Student Reading Program volunteer. Participating in one-off doorknock appeals (eg. Red Shield) or fund-raisers will not generally be considered.
- Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and NZ citizens