Call Deadline: April 2, 2019
Nationality: UK & EU
The scholarship will be taken in the UK
There are three Future Leaders Scholarships available for new undergraduate students with Home/EU fee status who have the potential to be one of the leaders of the next generation. These scholarships cover the full tuition fee for three years of undergraduate study at Royal Holloway.
- You must have Home/EU fee status with expected or final grades at GCE A-Level of AAA or equivalent.
- You must also demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and hold a current conditional or unconditional offer to study here.
How do I apply?
- Applicants need to submit their application by 2 April 2019
- Once you have an offer to study here, you can apply on Royal Holloway Direct.
- You will need to complete a scholarship statement as part of your application, in which you should demonstrate your leadership skills.
- Before starting your application, read the application guidelines and eligibility criteria.
Completing the online scholarship application form
Your personal details and academic achievements will be taken from your application form. In addition to this information, you will need to provide a scholarship statement.
1. Scholarship statement
Your statement should be no longer than 400 words and should include
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to
- why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for what your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals
- Your statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
- Please see notes below for additional scholarship specific requirements. If there is no note relating to a particular scholarship, then only the generic scholarship statement listed under (1) above is required. Please also refer to the relevant “Eligibility criteria” section of our website for further details.
- Note 1a: Future Leaders Scholarship
As part of your scholarship statement, you need to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills. Note 1b: Childs Family Future Leaders Scholarship for History
Please provide a supporting statement of no longer than 400 words, which should include:
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you.
- why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for.
- what your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals.
- how you have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills.
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
Additional terms and conditions
The scholarships are available as tuition fee waivers. These are equivalent to the full annual Home/EU tuition fee over the first three years of study unless you spend a year abroad or on an industrial placement. In such cases, the tuition fee waiver will be applied in year four, instead of year three.
If you are on a four-year programme, with no industrial placement, or a five-year programme with an industrial placement, the scholarship will be paid in the first three years of the degree programme only. You need to achieve an average academic grade of at least 60 percent, each year, in order to keep receiving the scholarship.