This internship is intended for students that are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s Ph.D. degree program with an anticipated graduation date between April 2019 and March 2021, depending on their program and unique circumstances.
Due to business needs, we are prioritizing candidates that are graduating before March 2020. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis from November 2018 and reach out to applicants who have been selected for a next step. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. program in any major and maintaining students status throughout the internship.
- Be able to complete a minimum of 10-14 weeks at the Tokyo office between December 2018 and September 2019.
- Business level communication in Japanese and English.
- Returning to education on a full-time basis upon completing the internship.
- Demonstrated interest in the internet and Google’s technology and business.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, with the ability to work to in the fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Motivated, independent worker with the capacity to lead and work well with others.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to see both detail-specific and big-picture issues.
- Provide outstanding customer service and sales support to Google’s advertisers, publishers, and users, and manage customer inquiries by phone, email and/or live chat.
- Deliver against assigned tasks, while prioritizing and delivering an outstanding customer experience for Google’s advertisers.
- Implement creative ways to improve our client relationships, and increase business by promoting other Google products (e.g. Google Ads, G Suite, etc).
- Provide strategic and consultative advice to help drive advertiser business growth in relation to their advertising investment and/or solve technical issues for customers.
- Write clear and helpful content to address common questions and issues. Engage with Product and Engineering teams on issue prioritization and roadmap, and partner with Finance, Marketing, and Sales on role definition and process enhancement. Collaborate with Specialists, Engineers and Product team members on new feature development.