Call Deadline: April 30 at 11:59 p.m. UTC
Duration: November 12-15, 2019
Nationality: All around the World
Training will be taken in San Jose, California
All over the world, Local Guides are on a mission to help people find the places worth discovering. To celebrate the stars of our global community, Connect Live is back and will be bigger than ever. The event will be held November 12 to 15 in a show-stopping new location in San Jose, California. There, Google will host 200 Local Guides Levels 5 and above from around the world. Before you apply, please note that the event will be delivered entirely in English to best serve our global community.
- Attendees will learn the latest news about Google products, meet Googlers and fellow Local Guides, and discover inspiring ways to become even better contributors. You can expect learning, friendship, and celebration.
- However, each year’s specific format and events are kept a secret so that you’ll be surprised when you get there!
- All Connect Live attendees must be at least 21 years old by the event start date on November 12, 2019. That is because 21 is the legal drinking age in the United States and alcohol will be present at some events.
- What is the Selection Criteria?
Applications are open to Local Guides Levels 5+ during the application period.
Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:
- The submission of a complete application including:
- A 1-minute video message responding to ONE of the prompts provided. Prompts are: Tell us about your favorite place and what makes it special; What’s one thing you want everyone to know about your community?; or Why are you proud to be a Local Guide? Here are tips for creating your Connect Live 2019 application video.
- A new post on Connect that describes a cause you care about sharing on Google Maps and why. Whether you’re passionate about finding the world’s best French fries or making the map more eco-friendly, we want to know about it! Post your response using the Local Stories topic. Here’s how to write a great Connect post for Connect Live 2019.
- A new list created on Google Maps about any theme, including a title, description, and at least five places.
- We’ll also be looking for:
- High-quality, well-rounded, and consistent contributions on Google Maps over the past 12 months
- Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as actively contributing onConnect or hosting meet-ups