Call Deadline: April 30, 2019
Duration: One Academic Year
Course Level: Taught Master’s Degree
The scholarship will be taken in the University of Durham
The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims. Further information about fundraising for this scholarship can be found here.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- A stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of June 2019.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- hold a relevant honors degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
How to apply
Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application, you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship on this Application form
For further information or advice:
Telephone: +44(0) 191 334 2603