Call Deadline: January 24, 2019, 23:59 CET
Course Level: Conference on HIV Science
Conference Duration: July 21-24, 2019
Nationality: Scholars from around the world
Scholarship can be taken in Mexico
Through the IAS 2019 Scholarship Programme, the conference organizers commit themselves to make the conference accessible to community representatives, healthcare workers, and junior investigators from resource-limited settings.
Scholarship recipients can request a full or partial scholarship. A full scholarship may include:
- The registration fee for the conference (includes access to all sessions and exhibitions)
- Travel (roundtrip ticket at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport)
- Accommodation (in a budget hotel for the days of the conference)
- Daily living allowance or each day of the conference (21-24 July 2019).
A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above.
Please note that the programme will not reimburse any costs incurred prior to receiving a scholarship. Scholarships do not include visa costs, transportation to/from the airport, or any other incidental cost.
The IAS 2019 Scholarship Programme is open to anyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and AIDS and who is at least 16 years old at the time of the conference. The programme gives financial assistance to people who would otherwise be unable to benefit from the conference.
Priority will be given to:
- Abstract presenters whose submission has been selected
- Those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities
- Those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Individuals who are part of a key population or living with HIV
Scholarship selection will be based on a non-biased scoring system. A review committee will contribute to the reviewing and scoring of the applications.
We are searching for 250 volunteers to participate in the 10th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) in Mexico City, Mexico, from 21 to 24 July 2019.
Perhaps you want to know more about issues related to HIV and AIDS. Perhaps you are interested in sharing experiences and being inspired by people from all walks of life, from across the world. Or perhaps you simply enjoy lending a helping hand. If so, we invite you to join the IAS 2019 Volunteer Team for this great opportunity.
- Be over 18 years old and proficient in English
- Be available for the mandatory kick-off meeting, activity training and venue walkthrough (Friday, 19 July 2019, to be confirmed).
- Be available for at least three half-day shifts on three consecutive days during the conference. Please note that applicants with maximum availability throughout the period will receive preference
- Read and accept the Volunteer Policy and share the IAS values.
How To Apply
The application process is entirely free. Applicants must create a user account to fill in an individual application form. A letter of recommendation written by a colleague or peer is required to complete the application.