Call Deadline: April 15, 2019
Duration: October 22-25, 2019
Nationality: All around the World
Summit will be taken in London, UK
Leading Europe is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Europe are represented at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
Europe finds itself at a crossroads. The environment is under threat as 130 cities missed their set air pollution limits. The region is increasingly divided, with domestic upheavals like the Gilet Jaunes protests in France to far-right, populist rhetoric espoused by the leaders of several European nations. The bounds of media freedom are being tested as relationships between states and the press become more adversarial. Europe’s economic outlook is pessimistic amid widespread uncertainty; with Brexit looming, the future of the European project is being questioned. The EU seeks to be at the heart of 4IR, but many European workforces are unprepared for the digital upheaval. Yet with the advancements in tech, medicine, and energy, the future must be seen as bright.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in London.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate the capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Area national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries
The selection process
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading Europe selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
Tips for applying: check out our helpful guidelines for submitting a successful application.