Call Deadline: January 20, 2019
Hosted by: The University of Lausanne
The internship can be taken in Switzerland
The University of Lausanne is now accepting applications for UNIL Undergraduate Summer Internship 2019in Switzerland. The programme is very competitive and all students are chosen based upon their academic record, letters of recommendation and personal statements.
The UNIL Summer Students will spend 8 weeks in some of the world best labs in Switzerland. The SUR Programme will begin in July 2019 and end in August 2019. The aim of the UNIL Summer Students Program is to attract deserving, talented and outstanding motivated students from near and far for a research experience that will remain with them for their lifetimes. The SUR students will show the results of their research on a poster and write a final report on it.
- The programme is aimed at undergraduate students who have completed the second or third year of their university degree in any biological or medical field. Undergraduate means the first 4 years of university training usually towards a bachelor’s degree. Applicants who have completed only one year of an undergraduate degree, or who will have graduated by the time of the programme are not eligible.
- The programme is highly competitive and students are chosen based upon their academic record (typically GPA >3.75 or equivalent, and/or top 5% class ranking), personal statements, and letters of recommendation.
- If your university does not use a 4 point scale, then include an explanation of your grading scale in the online application (under curriculum vitae B). Differences in grading scales will be taken into consideration, but you must be in the top 5 % of your class.
- Students can be of any nationality and be studying in any country but should have very good abilities in written and spoken English.
- Students must be present for the entire programme to participate.
- Selected participants will be informed via email about 3 weeks after the application deadline.
- The program coordinator will arrange and pay for the housing. You will be housed within one of the buildings of the FMEL association, in a single room within an apartment with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. The program coordinator will inform you when your housing assignment is made, how to contact them and where it is located.
- The programme will also provide you with a scholarship of approximately CHF 1500 to cover other living expenses.
- Limited funds are available to cover justified costs of travel to Lausanne. In general, up to CHF 500 for European travel and CHF 1200 for overseas travel is covered. Original receipts and boarding passes will be required for reimbursement.
- Assistance will be provided to all students who require visas to come to Switzerland.
- Participants must be covered for health and accidents from their home country.
A listing of all courses with grades taken at the university level is required in the online application. In addition, an official document of your transcripts, saved in a Word, JPG or PDF format, in English, French or German must be uploaded during the online application
This document should be named in the following format: