Call Deadline: February 1, 2019
The internship is 2 to 4 months
The program can be taken in Ottawa, Canada
The Summer Leadership Program (SLP) is a unique political internship opportunity developed to invest in the future success of young people from across the country.
The program gives young people an opportunity to contribute to Prime Minister Trudeau’s team while gaining vital job experience serving in the offices of Members of Parliament, Ministers’ Offices, The Prime Minister’s Office and the Liberal Research Bureau.
SLP participants working with Members of Parliament may have a split internship experience by serving two months in Ottawa and two months in the Member’s riding. In some cases, SLP participants working with Members of Parliament may have an opportunity to work the full four months in the Member’s riding.
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Have fluent proficiency in at least one official language (English or French)
- Have completed an academic or training program by Spring/Summer 2019 and/or not going to school in Fall 2019.
- Able to travel and relocate to Ottawa or other regions across Canada for four months of the summer
- As part of the application process, you will be required to submit your updated CV and references as well as let us know about your top skills and any volunteer, a professional and political experience you may have.
- We are looking for young leaders from coast to coast to coast to become the next generation of leaders of the largest movement in Canadian history.
- To be eligible for the Summer Leadership Program all applicants must be residing in Canada with a valid Canadian address, and be able to work full-time in Canada.
- International students and residents who live and study in Canada and have a valid work permit with the ability to work full-time in Canada can qualify to apply for the Summer Leadership Program.