Call Deadline: February 7, 2019
Training will be in Accra, Ghana
The MEST Training Program is a 12-month, full time, fully sponsored program in which the cohort – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business and communications, with a focus on practical implementation.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing startups. This coursework is supplemented by a series of guest lectures, bringing in the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
The course culminates in an investor pitch and the chance to receive seed funding and enter the MEST incubator.
The program will cover:
- Free tuition.
- Room and board.
- 3 meals per day.
- Small monthly stipend.
- All program and travel costs for accepted EITs are covered by MEST.
Topic of Training
- Core Programming Languages.
- Scrum & Agile Development.
- Web Development.
- Mobile Development.
- Software Engineering.
- UI / UX.
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Business Strategy.
- Pitching & Investor Requirements.
- Business Modelling.
- Lean Startup Methodology.
- Market Research.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.