Call Deadline: March 15, 2019
Duration: 2019/2020 Academic Year
Fellowships will be taken in China
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has placed at the disposal of UNESCO for the academic year 2019-2020 seventy-five (75) fellowships for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These fellowships are for the benefit of developing the Member States in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe, and the Arab region.
Twenty-five (25) of the 75 fellowships are especially intended for candidatures from the Teacher Training Institutions supported by UNESCO-CFIT Project in the 10 African countries to pursue an Advanced Training Programme for Education Administrators and Teacher Educators at East China Normal University.
- Tuition Waiver.
- Monthly stipends: CNY 3000 (three thousand Chinese yuan) for General Scholars, or CNY 3500 (three thousand five hundred Chinese yuan) for Senior Scholars to cover meals and pocket expense.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- One round-trip international travel to and from China.
- Monthly pocket allowance of US$ 80 (eighty US dollars).
- A termination allowance of US$ 200 (two hundred US dollars) to cover excess luggage charges at the time of return to home country.
- Applicants applying for General Scholar programs must not be older than the age of forty-five (45) and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study; and those who applying for Senior Scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and not older than the age of fifty (50).
- English proficiency is required.
- Be in good health, both mentally and physically.
How to Apply?
Read carefully the Announcement letter, especially the attached ANNEX II, for UNESCO/China Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2019-2020 to understand the requirements for eligible candidatures and the procedures for the submission of application.
Contact the National Commission for UNESCO of your country to inquire about the application procedures at the national level. Click here for the information to contact the National Commissions for UNESCO.
Applicants are encouraged to contact in advance with their target Chinese universities and apply for the re-admission. For the applicants who have received the pre-admission letters from by the time of submission, please attach the letters in your supporting documents.
Prepare your application documents (in English or Chinese) properly according to the requirements prescribed in ANNEX II.
Submit your application to the National Commission for UNESCO of your country.
NOTE: As National Commission for UNESCO of the invited countries will select and transmit the applications of nominated candidates to UNESCO Paris Headquarter by 15 March 2019 at the latest, applicants are advised to submit their application to the National Commissions as early as possible.
As soon as You are informed by the National Commission for UNESCO of your country that you are nominated as a candidate for this programme, you should complete the online application and submit all the supporting documents on the online application system of China Scholarship Council (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login). Click here to see the instructions for your online application.
Note: Hard copies of application documents are no longer required and it is mandatory for each nominated candidate to submit his/her application in the online application system. Candidates should mention their serial number of online application when their applications are submitted to UNESCO. Any application without online registration will not be considered.
Your online application form, along with the endorsement letter from the National Commission for UNESCO of your country and all your application documents should be submitted to Mr. Stoyan Bantchev, Chief of the Participation Programme and Fellowships Section by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, by 15 March 2019 at the latest.