Call Deadline: June 30, 2019
Value of Amount: £1,000
Nationality: All around the World
Scholarships will be taken in the UK
In 2019 there are up to 50 merit-based scholarships available to new full-time international students on undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree courses.
Students progressing directly from the University of Brighton International College are also eligible to apply. The scholarship is worth a £5,000 reduction in tuition fees for the first year of your course only. Applications are open to students holding an offer to start their course in the academic year 2019.
- Each year the university reviews the award of merit scholarships worth approximately £1,000 each to eligible students at the end of year 1 and year 2 of undergraduate programmes.
We have two different types of sports scholarships:
Elite athletes / Elite disabled athletes scholarships
- These are for students who have reached a national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level.
Talented sports performers scholarship
- These are for students who have represented their sport at national or regional level or who are able to demonstrate that they have the potential to compete at these levels.
- The criteria for awarding University of Brighton international scholarships are primarily merit-based.
- Merit does not necessarily have to mean academic merit but could also be interpreted to include outstanding performance in a variety of spheres.
- The strongest candidates will be those demonstrating a mixture of academic merit (including English language ability) and other merit or outstanding achievement in a particular field of activity.
- You will also need to show that you have sufficient funds to pay the remainder of the fees.
Who is eligible to apply?
- You should have reached a junior or senior national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level (or equivalent) in your sport.
- You should have been accepted on a University of Brighton course or be a current student of the university, or a directly funded course at a partner college.
Elite athletes/elite disabled athletes
- A bursary of up to a maximum of £1,000 per year of study to fund expenses arising from training or competition
- Free access to university sport facilities
- Free sports science support by BASES-accredited staff
- Access to sports medicine support at reduced rates through Sportswise
- A sports/academic mentor
- Access to University of Brighton sports coaches was available in your sport
- Access to an extensive partnership network including Sports England and regional sports providers
- A loan of a laptop to assist with academic commitments at training camp.
How to apply
Elite – the deadline for applications is 30 June each year.
Talented – applications will be accepted throughout the year.