Call Deadline: April 18, 2019
Duration: November 6-13, 2019
Innovation Lab will be taken in Shenzhen, China
Calling all change-makers! Do you have a talent for sustainability and passion for the UN Sustainable Development Goals? Then you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to be one of the 1,000 UNLEASH talents who will collaborate on solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
UNLEASH gathers top talent from all over the world and invites them for a week of innovation in Shenzhen in China, from November 6-13, 2019. UNLEASH covers all expenses for travel, accommodation, curriculum, and activities and provides you with a new toolset for how to innovate, create impact at scale and collaborate with experts, mentors, and facilitators from all over the world.
Who should apply?
UNLEASH accepts top talents typically aged 20-35. Successful applicants will excel across 5 general criteria.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to solving one of the world’s pressing challenges.
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset.
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts.
- High proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions.
- Bonus: working in the field in a global context
The profiles UNLEASH is looking for are:
- Entrepreneur: Recently launched/or considered launching start-ups, organizations or campaigns at a very early stage (both and for-profit).
- Intrapreneur: Improved or changed entities, e.g. through R&D, business development or organizational changes.
- Academic: Top class academic with in-depth content knowledge, e.g. via courses, research projects or a Ph.D.
- Technical expert: Possess skills, tools and know-how (e.g. with engineering, design or finance) enabling development of physical or software-based solutions.
Is there a higher chance of being selected if I submit a video answer to Q12?
It typically takes more time to record, upload and share a video than it does to submit a 350-word answer. As such, a video response may be better at reflecting your high level of motivation than a written response. However, in consideration of those applicants who may not be comfortable with filming themselves, all response – whether in video or written format – will be scored according to content only. Video responses will therefore not inherently be scored higher.
What are the expectations regarding the quality of my video submission?
Your video response will be scored according to its primary content (i.e. the answer to the question) – not for its production quality or ‘special effects’. You will therefore not be penalized if you do not have access to e.g. professional filming equipment or video editing software. However, UNLEASH does look positively upon creativity in submitted answers.
What platform should I upload my video response to?
YouTube is preferred, but as it is not all applicants who have access to the YouTube-platform, other video-sharing platforms (e.g. Youku) are also supported. The most important consideration for video sharing is that your video can be viewed by our evaluators without signing up for an account on the platform. Remember to set your video privacy settings to ‘public’.