Call Deadline: April 10, 2019
Nationality: All around the World
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude, and Wimmelforschung. The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s center for research and advanced engineering in Renningen.
As an essential feature, Platform 12 contains a permanent collaboration with Akademie Schloss Solitude, in the framework of which artists of various disciplines engage with the company as indirect observers and initiators, to exchange ideas with researchers and work on their own and joint artistic projects. The fellowship is meant to encourage artists and researchers to explore new ideas and to shape future-oriented concepts together. The main focus is not necessarily the production of a specific artistic work, but the encounter and process of dialog in itself.
- The funding period amounts to a maximum of three months.
- A monthly stipend of 1,200 euros (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder traveling to and from Stuttgart from their primary residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget.
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water, and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship, the respective artist will be mentored by Wimmelforschung, Akademie Schloss Solitude, and the Robert Bosch GmbH.
The WimmelResearch Fellowship addresses artists (including architects, designers, authors, sound artists, performers, filmmakers, coders), who have a serious interest in the interdisciplinary exchange. A willingness to open communication and sensibility toward the specific working environment is essential. An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required. The fellowship also entails an introductory as well as a concluding presentation at the start and end of the fellowship, which introduces the artistic approach towards the topic and which initiates a comprehensive dialog with researchers from Bosch. The work’s content and form of expression are principally open and left to the artist.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. The fellowship is open to artists of all ages with the exception of currently enrolled university or college students.
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo–Fr) at Platform 12 is mandatory.
- Prior to the fellowship, there is minimum one-day mandatory orientation as well as the first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship.
- Good language skills in English or German are essential
Application Selection Process
The application material is submitted online and should include:
- An idea, question, or project outline that deals with the topic » Immortality & the Living« in an artistic way, against a social background and in reference to the dialog with the researchers (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A description of your motivation (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation of previous artistic work (no comprehensive listing of exhibitions, etc.)
All documents should be sent in PDF format via e-mail to:
The next fellowship will be awarded for the period of June 1 to August 31, 2019.
The deadline for applications is April 10, 2019, midnight CET/MEZ.
The jury, consisting of Maren Geers and Thomas Drescher (Wimmelforschung) and Sophie-Charlotte Thieroff (coordinator art, science & business) will choose one suitable artist from all applications.
The selection will be carried out as a multi-level procedure. The final decision will be made after a personal introduction of the project and meeting with Wimmelforschung, Akademie Schloss Solitude, and Robert Bosch GmbH.
For further inquiries please contact: email@example.com